ALERT Cadets Guiding Principles
Why Guiding Principles?
The ALERT Cadet Guiding Principles are core to our thinking and action.
They serve as a personal code of conduct that gives us direction and undergirds the foundation of the ALERT Cadet program.
They are a guide for the things we do, why we do them, and how we do them.
1. Evaluate all decisions in light of Scriptural principles.
2. Focus on changing people’s lives, not on administering or developing a program.
3. Run at the pace of God-provided resources: people, talents, and dollars.
4. Maintain a 100% volunteer (either self-supporting or donor supported), distributed organization.
5. Utilize best-in-class and best available technology to get the job done efficiently.
6. Plan for the future and allow God to direct the individual steps and timing.
7. Administer the program centrally but allow local implementation and adaptation