Introducing you to the team God has assembled…
We are very pleased to have CSpec Luke Wills part time as well as CFC Jeremiah Stevens and Miss Kristi Stevens assisting full time in the Cadet office!
2012 Volunteer Opportunities with ALERT Cadet
I believe in volunteering and volunteers!
Volunteering, in any capacity, accomplishes several things at one time, namely:
- Volunteering allows people to confirm and pursue their passion or life calling, in a low risk, low commitment environment.
- Volunteering exposes people to other people and other ways of doing things, thus rounding them out as individuals.
- Volunteering develops faith in God as people step out to do their part and get to see God do His part in His work.
In my volunteer experiences, I have also sought to be part of organizations that are accomplishing a great work for God of which I can be a part.
One of the reasons ALERT Cadet maintains a headquarters office is to provide training opportunities for young people. We routinely have one to eight young people, aged 16-30, in our office, for specific training, at their parents’ request. As they receive training we accomplish useful work that furthers the ALERT Cadet ministry and our service to fathers and sons. The ministry moves forward and expands at the rate at which God provides resources in the form of time, people, and finances.
We are making plans for the remainder of 2011 now and want to let you know of opportunities to volunteer with ALERT Cadet. We know many families are also planning their academic year at this time, including training experiences outside their homes. We at ALERT Cadet are looking for young ladies and young men:
- Between the ages of 16-30. Preferably from families familiar with the ALERT Cadet ministry,
- With basic computer skills,
- Able to serve for a minimum of four weeks,
- Able to begin work in the 2011 mid-January to November timeframe, and
- With specific training objectives from parents.
We are able to provide training opportunities in the following areas:
- Telephone and office skills
- Customer service
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, and Access
- Advanced media skills in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premier, and WordPress
- Event planning and execution, (e.g. ALERT Cadet camps)
- Writing (e.g. training materials and publications)
- Strategic planning and thinking
All volunteers receive no remuneration for service, however we do provide room and board at the International ALERT Academy facility for all young people that volunteer with us. We also provide specific written feedback to volunteers and to parents on the volunteer’s performance with suggestions on how to strengthen weak areas and accomplish the passion or life calling God has placed in their hearts.
While this letter is primarily about young people volunteering with us, we are also looking for adults who have a heart for the ministry of ALERT Cadet to fathers and sons, and our newest addition, 31:10, to assist mothers raising godly daughters.
If you’d like to explore further the possibility of your young person being a part of our staff at ALERT Cadet Headquarters or want more information about volunteering yourself, please call John Tanner at 903-636-2000 ext. 2202 or respond by e-mail to email@example.com. We are also happy to provide you with specific references of those who have volunteered with us before.
If volunteering with ALERT Cadet is not your passion, then you may be interested in other volunteer opportunities with the International ALERT Academy. You can find out about these at www.alertacademy.com or by calling 903-636-2000.